Orangeburg County Council Approves New Cars for Sheriff’s Office; loan plan will also pay for renovations | Government and Politics
• Council approved at third reading an application by Bunch Ford Road, LLC to rezone a property on Bunch Ford Road in Holly Hill from the Forest Farm District to the Single Family Residential District. The company seeks to establish an isolated single-family community.
• The Board approved on first reading an application by Colonial Holding Group, LLC to rezone a property located on Five Chop Road in Orangeburg from the Forest Agriculture District to the General Business District. The company seeks to establish commercial and residential development.
• Council approved at third reading several ordinances accepting the transfer of authority to conduct municipal elections in the cities of Livingston, Vance, Branchville and Norway. Authority to conduct municipal elections will be transferred to the Orangeburg County Election and Voter Registration Commission.
• Council approved third reading after a public hearing of an order providing appropriations for the Orangeburg County budget for the 2021-22 fiscal year. Young said there would be no increase in mileage.
“This also includes, as part of the budgetary reserve, the approval of the US bailout amount of $ 8,369,242, which is funding earmarked for the US bailout under the reserve,” Young said. .
• Council approved at third reading after public hearing an order providing for appropriations for the Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College for the 2021-22 fiscal year.